By Stephen P. Schwartz
- Features insurance of the entire significant topic parts and figures in analytic philosophy - together with Wittgenstein, Bertrand Russell, G.E. Moore, Gottlob Frege, Carnap, Quine, Davidson, Kripke, Putnam, and plenty of others
- Contains explanatory heritage fabric to aid clarify technical philosophical concepts
- Includes listings of urged additional readings
- Written in a transparent, direct sort that presupposes little earlier wisdom of philosophy
Read Online or Download A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls PDF
Similar philosophical movements books
This ebook bargains the 1st specified exam of the effect of the English-speaking global at the improvement of Nietzsche’s philosophy. lately, Nietzsche's attractiveness has gone through a metamorphosis and he's this present day obvious as one of many maximum defenders of human freedom. His is greater than only a version for political liberty.
From the rediscovery of Alfred North Whitehead’s paintings to the increase of latest materialist concept, together with object-oriented ontology, there was a fast flip towards hypothesis in philosophy as a manner of relocating past completely human perceptions of nature and life. Now Steven Shaviro maps this speedy rising speculative realism, that is already dramatically influencing how we interpret truth and our position in a universe during which people usually are not the degree of all issues.
Flesh and physique, initially published in French in 1981, is a pioneering learn that offers either a detailed studying of Husserl's phenomenology of courting among flesh and physique in addition to Didier Franck's personal hugely unique account of flesh. Husserl's paintings at the physique stimulated many phenomenologists, together with Merleau-Ponty, Ricoeur, Henry, and Levinas, to call quite a few.
This e-book connects Schopenhauer’s philosophy with transcendental idealism by means of exploring the pretty Kantian roots of his pessimism. via in actual fact discerning 4 kinds of coming to wisdom, it demonstrates how Schopenhauer’s epistemology can enlighten this reference to different components of his philosophy.
- Appropriating Heidegger
- Hegel's Absolute: An Introduction to Reading the Phenomenology of Spirit (SUNY Series in Hegelian Studies)
- Freedom and Negativity in Beckett and Adorno: Something or Nothing (Founding Critical Theory)
- Art, Animals, and Experience: Relationships to Canines and the Natural World (Routledge Advances in Art and Visual Studies)
- The Concept in Crisis: Reading Capital Today
Extra info for A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls
A Brief History of Analytic Philosophy: From Russell to Rawls by Stephen P. Schwartz